With Town Hall Closure to Public, Development Services Offering Drop-Off Submittals and Correspondence
Development Services (Planning, Engineering, and Inspections) will begin accepting submittals via drop-off only until Town Hall is reopened to the public.
A set of drop-off bins will be located within the Town Hall main entrance vestibule to accommodate incoming submittals and correspondence. Bins, which will be accessible 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, will be provided to accommodate the following services:
Planning Department Permits and Technical Review Committee (TRC) Item Bins (Planning)
1) Please deposit your application and supporting documents in the bin labeled for the “Planning Department." If you are dropping off site and/or subdivision plans for the TRC, please deposit the required number of plan sets (and application materials if first submittal) in the bin labeled “TRC.” Please ensure that all contact information is printed legibly on your application form. If there is no room inside the bin, please place directly adjacent to the bin.
2) If payment is required (if no payment is required, skip to item #3)
- If paying by check, please leave your check attached to the application and/or plans. We will process and send you a copy of your receipt via email.
- If paying by credit card, please call 919-773-4449 for processing over the phone. We will process and send you a copy of your receipt via email.
3) Please call 919-773-4449 to contact the “Planner of the Day” working at Town Hall to let them know that you have deposited an application and/or plan in the bin. Staff will be retrieving applications and/or plans periodically during the day.
Residential/Commercial Building Permits Bin (Inspections)
1) All plans must have a cover letter or application attached.
2) Please deposit your application and supporting documents in the bin labeled “Inspections Department.” Staff will be retrieving applications and/or plans periodically during the day.
3) It is imperative that all contact information is printed legibly on your application form or outside of the envelopes provided. If there is no room inside the bin, please place directly adjacent to the bin.
4) Inspection staff will review your materials and notify you if any items need to be submitted that were not included. NO CHANGE IN NUMBER OF COPIES.
5) Inspections staff will be contacting you to process payments for both plan review and permits. Please do not leave any checks prior to being notified to leave payment for permit issuance.
6) All City of Raleigh fees for utilities will be processed and can then be paid by credit card or check. Payments by credit cards will be done over the phone on the day of issuance. Check payments will be submitted prior to permit issuance and processed on the day of release.
7) Please call 919-773-4433 to contact the permitting staff working at Town Hall during normal hours if you have any questions or need assistance with what is required to be placed in the bin.
Construction Drawings Bin (Engineering)
Construction drawing submittals should include the following:
- 3 plan sets (including written responses on resubmittals)
- 2 sets of stormwater calculations, a signed CD Review checklist
- 1 signed CD checklist
- Submittal review fee/check as applicable
- Name, phone, and email contact of responsible party (so TOG staff may contact you with questions/concerns)
Staff from the Engineering Department will review the CD submittals on a daily basis and follow up with you upon completion of the plan submittal. Should you wish to make a credit card payment in lieu of a written check, please indicate this in the submittal so a staff member may call you for payment via phone. Any water/sewer submittals to Raleigh Water and Erosion Control submittals to Wake County should be coordinated with the appropriate agency as they require during the COVID-19 situation.
General Correspondence Bin (Planning/Engineering/Inspections)
A separate bin will be available to drop off general correspondence that is outside a formal plan submittal, such as driveway permit applications, shop drawings, general correspondence, etc. Please place a coversheet or attach a sticky note with the Town contact person to review the information, along with your contact phone number/email so they may respond accordingly.