North Garner Dog Park
Location: Garner Recreational Park
Due to a water leak at the North Garner Dog Park, the water spigot inside of the park will be shutoff effective immediately on Friday, August 17 and remain off throughout the weekend. Buckets of water will be supplied from nearby water sources. Repairs are scheduled to begin on Monday, August 20, with the park closed all day. Intermittent closures will occur throughout the week. We hope to have this park open for normal operations as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we work to resolve and enhance this park.
221 East Garner Road
The North Garner Dog Park is a mulched park open to both small and large breed dogs.
Lake Benson Dog Park
Location: Lake Benson Park
921 Buffaloe Road
The Lake Benson Dog Park is a divided dog park, separating small dogs (25 lbs and under) and large dogs (26 lbs and over). Both dog areas have mulched surfaces.
Dog Park Rules
- Hours: Dawn to Dusk
- All dogs must remain on a leash until inside the secured dog park area.
- Adults may have a maximum of 2 dogs at a time in the park.
- Dogs shall have on rabies vaccination tags and Town of Garner registration tags that must be displayed at all time while in the park.
- Spiked collars are prohibited.
- Acts of aggression against other dogs or people are prohibited. Do not bring a dog with a known history of biting and/or fighting. All animal bites to humans must be reported to Garner Police Department at 919.772.8810.
- Dogs under 4 months old are prohibited.
- Children under 12 are required to be accompanied by an adult inside the fenced area.
- Owners are responsible for any injury or damage caused by your dog. Help prevent injuries by supervising your dog at all times.
- Female dogs in heat are not allowed inside the park.
- Clean up after your dog. Dog waste stations are provided inside the park.
- Fill in any holes your dog digs.
- Do not liter. Trash cans are provided inside the park.
- Treats and bones are allowed if controlled by owner.
- Smoking is prohibited.
- Take all personal belongings out of the park after each visit.
- The Town of Garner shall not be held responsible for any risk, injury, damages or loss associated with the use of this facility. Use at own and your dog's risk.
- In the event of an emergency, dial 9-1-1.
Subscribe to the eClub and receive monthly emails about upcoming events
& programs. Stay informed & text 'Garner' to 22828 to subscribe.
The bi-annual GPRCR brochure offers a look into seasonal programs.
Click here to view photos from past events. | #DiscoverPlayCelebrate | @GarnerPRCR