Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Agency, Town Offer Assistance for Emergency Home Repairs and Modifications

Post Date:01/03/2017 1:52 PM

Need some financial help with some emergency home repairs or modifications? The North Carolina Housing Finance Agency (NCHFA) and Town of Garner might be able to assist you.

NCHFA funding through its 2017 Urgent Repair Program is enabling recipient organizations such as the Town to provide deferred, forgiven loans of up to $8,000 for emergency home repairs and modifications to very low-income, owner-occupied homes. 

Eligible households are those with one or more full-time household members with special needs (e.g. elderly, disabled and/or veteran full-time household members or a child 6 or under with an elevated blood-lead level). Household incomes cannot exceed 50 percent of area median income.

For more information, please contact Town of Garner Neighborhood Improvement Manager Reginald Buie at (919) 773-4446 or More on the NCHFA can be found at


Return to full list >>