White Deer Park officially opened on November 1, 2009. With five shelters, two playgrounds, two miles of paved trails and a 2,500 square foot nature center, it is the largest municipal park in Garner. Listed below is general park information. Please contact us if you have further questions or need more information.
- White Deer Park is open from sunrise to sunset daily.
- The Nature Center is open Tuesday-Saturday from 9am-5pm and Sunday from 12-5pm.
- The park is 96 acres. The outer paved loop around the park is exactly one mile.
- Shelters can be reserved for your event. The cost is $20 per hour for Garner residents and $30 per hour for non-residents. A minimum of two hours is required. Reservations can be made online at www.GarnerNC.gov or at any of our recreation facilities.
- If you are interested in bringing a large grill or pig cooker on site, please inquire about each park's rules and limitations. Not all parks can accommodate grills and pig cookers.
- The Nature Center is available for rental when not in use by the Town of Garner. Contact a staff member for more reservation information or to discuss availability.
Click here to view a map of the park.
Check out the video below from Joe Miller about a visit to to White Deer Park
(also located on theGarner Citizens Website)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BXk-TJ0bgGc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BXk-TJ0bgGc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
White Deer Park/Lake Benson Park trail information
White Deer Park/Lake Benson Park trail map