(Checklist for Manufactured Home Permit and Inspection Approval
The first step is to come into the Inspections Department Office to obtain a manufactured housing permit and subcontractor verification forms.
If you are planning to put this home on a private lot or you are putting it on a new lot for the first time, you will need a site or plot plan. This specifically details what land that home will go on and where the home will be placed on the property.
If you are planning to put the home in a park, you will not need a site or plot plan unless you are contacted by the Planning Department. If you are planning to have a private well and septic tank put in the ground for your lot, you must first contact the Wake County Health Department about a permit for wells and septic tanks. Verify before your home is moved, what type of water and wastewater you will have.
When scheduling your inspections, please insure that your subcontractor's verification forms (plumbing, heating & air conditioning and electrical) are on file. Otherwise, your inspections may not be put on schedule as requested. If you are the owner and you are going to live in the unit, you are still required to fill out the subcontractor verification forms if you desire to perform the work.
**When scheduling your inspections, please provide the following information: the date you want your inspection, the type of inspection being requested, and your name. **
- A complete set of Manufacturer’s Setup Instructions to that manufactured home should be on site at the time. The inspector needs to verify how the manufacturer requires the home to be set up. If your home is an older model and you cannot obtain these specifications, please contact the inspector before setting up the initial inspection.
- All sets of stairs leading into the home must be set up before an inspection can occur.
- Your home must be unlocked at the time of the inspections. You do not have to be there but if you would like to set up a time to meet with the inspectors, please call 919-773-4433 between 8:00am and 8:30am the day of your inspection to confirm a time.
- There will be no authorized utilities (power) turned on and no authorization to occupy the dwelling until all inspections are approved.
- Skirting around the base of the unit is required, but should not be installed until the initial set-up inspection has been approved.